Seeing that this award hasn’t been going around for some time now, I have decided to revive the appearance of this icon on WordPress Reader yet again by …. clearing my award posts debt!! I apologise that I have taken 1.5 months to do a reply post on this, but I always save these posts for times when I feel more restless and less focused on studying, and I need some therapeutic, informal writing to save me from going gradually insane. Hence, you guys just saved me! xD
This also reminds me … I also need to return to reviews because I also realised that I haven’t been doing reviews for A VERY LONG TIME. Its ironic because this blog was supposed to be dedicated to that.
Rules of the Real Neat Blog Award:
1. Put the award logo in your Blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, liking their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them.
6. Ask the bloggers 7 new questions.
Moving on to the questions:
1. What made you interested in anime and otaku culture?
Code Geass made me interested in anime. It wasn’t my first ever anime but it was the one that got me interested in the medium as a whole. I remember shivering in the dark at 2am in the morning in excitement when I was watching it. Never experienced anything like it before while watching, well, anything else.
2. Has a show ever impacted your beliefs and values in an important way?
I would actually love to say yes to this, but unfortunately there is no one show that stands out in that way. I love the stories and the values and messages that anime brings across, but I am always emphasised upon separating reality and fiction, and how those values only shine because they are in a fictional context. Impacted? yes. Importantly? Nope.
3. Is there something that marked your childhood? Something that stayed with you through the years? What is it?
Music music music. Classical music to be exact. In fact, that didn’t change until a year ago. Throughout all my life it has been my piano and my violin, the strings orchestras I have been in, the people that come with music and my journey through music and how it has impacted my life. If anime encapsulates my inspiration and my joy, music encapsulates my life journey.
4. What is a misconception you had a about anime before you started watching it?
That it can’t beat anything that I have watched before. AM I SO GLAD I WAS WRONG.
5. What is the anime you enjoyed the most? (Not necessarily the one you thought was the best)
I was going to annoy the hell out of the people reading my answers here (if there are people even reading this) and answer CODE GEASS again, but I shall at least attempt to answer this question at a different angle. If enjoyment equates to amounts of happiness, I have to go with Shugo Chara. That was lots of prancing unicorns, bubbles and colourful rainbows i.e. lovable characters, and a cool dude named Tsukiyomi Ikuto.
6. Would you change anything in your favorite anime? What is it? (It can’t be “for it to have more episodes” :P)
I would include infinitely more scenes of Lelouch x C.C. in Code Geass and infuse more romance into that pairing. MY OTP ❤
7. (Optional) Please read the story of a man who loved a girl named Denko and post your opinions on it. Warning: It is very long and cringey. (I am going to repeat this one every time, I think it is great to see the reaction of people).
DID I JUST WASTE 10 MINUTES OF MY LIFE ON THIS but no seriously, if I were a guy I would probably feel better about myself but since I am a girl I am just gonna go … whoever out there who still feels like this, please don’t do this to yourself. You’ll probably be happier thinking about all the bad things about dating and love and marriage and swearing yourself off all of that than going down the same track. #personalopinion
1. Life without anime?
I don’t even want to contemplate about the fact that it may very well happen in a few years. *cries in a corner*
2. Best animation quality in an anime?
For the beauty, you can’t get anything better than Garden of Words. For the action, nothing better than ufotable doing Fate Zero and Unlimited Blade Works (TV series).
3. Favourite voice actor/actress?
My favourite voice actors are a cross between Kamiya Hiroshi and Miyano Mamoru. I sometimes watch series on voice actors alone. Kamiya Hiroshi voiced Levi and Yato ❤ Miyano Mamoru voiced Light Yagami, Suou Tamaki and Ichinose Tokiya. What’s not to love?
My favourite voice actress is Kana Hanazawa. That is the true voice of an angel!
4. Bluray or TV?
I have never used a Bluray machine before. Yep, I live in a hole. So obviously TV, but even so I haven’t used it for a very long time unless you count hooking up my laptop to the big screen to watch anime.
5. OVA or another proper season?
I actually have a very weird policy of not watching OVAs, even for my favourite shows. Somehow watching OVAs reminds me of the fact that there is no more story continuing it (or the next season takes eons to air) so I positively choose to not dig such a melancholic hole for myself.
6. Do you want to experience a romance from an anime?
Why not? Life is about having different experiences. Though cut the love triangle please its a headache being in one. Plus, it screws up all sorts of friendships. So maybe a romance along the lines of Kimi ni Todoke would be really, really nice. :>
7. 10-13eps, 24-26eps, or 50-52eps anime?
If I don’t like it the shorter the better it is for me. If I love it please let it go on infinitely, though I suppose that’s not gonna happen.
1.How long have you been watching anime for?
From January 2012, so that is about 3.5 years 🙂
2. Best anime you have seen this year so far?
If I interpret this to mean the anime I have watched this year so far rather than what is airing (because I haven’t actually been watching any of those), the prize goes to Diamond no Ace.
3. Which anime character do you relate to the most?
I know I answered Kaori Miyazono in a previous question relating to this, but I am gonna change this to Eijun Sawamura. Our personalities are totally different but its what he encounters that makes me really feel that I am him and he is me. You’ll probably have to finish the first season to know what I mean 🙂
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I always thought I had too many wild thoughts that were different from the norm floating around. I have some pretty weird tastes in entertainment and I tend to look things differently – I have ‘twisted logic’ as a teacher liked to tell me – so I wanted to give myself a blog name that captures that essence – that my imagination knows no bounds. The irony however, is that I haven’t actually put much of those thoughts online because I think they have to be censored before I get rotten eggs thrown at me. Plus the value of this community to me has changed throughout my blogging stint so I sometimes have to think twice about what I write. (That does not mean that what I write aren’t my true thoughts; I just haven’t ventured into the ‘weirder’ opinions.)
5. How long have you been blogging for?
Close to three-quarters of a year on WordPress. My previous blog was a mixture of personal stuff that was read by RL friends and some really, really juvenile attempts at anime review writing. That blog accompanied me for a good 2.5 years before I shut it down.
6. Anime you HIGHLY recommend?
I only recommend anime to people whom I have a rough idea of how their tastes are because I like the feeling of recommending something which they like. ^^
But in general, my recommendations would really go to my Top 5. Code Geass if you are looking for something mind-blowing; Shinsekai Yori and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if you want well-developed, wholesome and masterful storytelling; NANA for most relatable shoujo/josei romance; and Attack on Titan for the People Who Dislike Anime.
7. Random Fact About Yourself!
I will not state anything here HAHA because I have some Liebster posts to do as well which has this segment so I am just going to compile all the facts about myself into one entire post so that everything looks more cohesive, and then contemplate whether I actually want to selectively add anything from there to my ‘About’ page. So … look out for the Liebster Nomination Facts Post if you want to know more about me. (I am assuming you do.)
1.If you weren’t blogging as a hobby, what would you be doing instead?
If I wasn’t actually writing about anime/manga, I would probably be watching/reading it. That is assuming I even have another activity I do so often in my free time that it can be deemed as a ‘hobby’. If not blogging I will probably be reading all sorts of things, watching dramas, listening to music and jogging.
2. How would you define a “real neat blog”?
I going to construe a ‘real neat blog’ as a blog filled with content that is awesome, unique, and so inspiring that you would immediately think of visiting first thing in the morning, and the last thing you want to be thinking about before you sleep. Thank you thank you thank you *bows to round of applause & standing ovation* #selfdelusionalmuch
3. If we live during a zombie apocalypse and you could have any superpower/ weapon from an anime, what would it be and why?
I am pretty obsessed with tonfas, even if they may not be the best weapon to decapitate heads with. Since there is a probably more than 50% chance of dying anyways, I wanna die looking cool.
4. If you could go on a date with any anime character who would it be and why?
Suou Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club because he’s hilarious. I can actually drag him to try ‘commoners’ food’ and laugh at him. Not to mention he’s rich so paying won’t be a problem, I guess.
5. If you could live in any anime world/setting, what place would it be and why?
Ikebukuro from Durarara!! because life would be so interesting if I were living in the same place as these people who stir up trouble because they’re bored.
6. What are your top five anime?
7. I’m gonna take one of MirrorPurple’s questions because I think it is a good one. Do you want to experience a romance from an anime?
Hehe answered this up there ^ so I am not gonna answer it again 🙂
Congratulations for making through this very long award nominations post! Once again, do check out Keatle, MirrorPurple, ChibiMajo and Somethingaboutlynlyn’s blogs because they offer a generous variety of content which would capture your interest in some way. I apologise for doing everybody’s post in one in the constraints of time and blogging schedule, but I really appreciate being nominated. And just as a description of how I think of these blogs as a fellow blogger:
Just Geeky Stuff – Keatle posts succinct but to-the-point reviews of anime, manga, movies and TV series. His blog contains a really great variety of content so check his reviews out if you’re looking for something new to watch!
MirrorPurple – Fellow countryman on the aniblogger community who has great music taste and a visual feast for people who love purple xD
ChibiMajo – Has a very direct and humorous style of blogging which is very refreshing to read because you know its unadulterated opinion. I like her lists!
Somethingaboutlynlyn – Veteran shoujo/josei manga & manhwa blogger who is also a great blogging friend and is the guru for shoujo recommendations around here 🙂
I won’t be nominating 7 nominees because I am pretty sure (and checked) that most people I am following have already been nominated for this award.
Questions for the nominees and whoever else interested:
1. Give a physical description of yourself. If possible, name or put a picture of a character (not restricted to anime) who you physically resemble.
2. What is your favourite anime/manga genre and why?
3. Why anime/manga out of so many other mediums of entertainment?
4. (Borrowing the question) How did you come up with your blog name?
5. What is your favourite book?
6. Do you have any future plans or goals for your blog? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
7. What is your favourite subject or area of study and why?
Thank you for reading once again, and feel free to comment on anything below, or answer any of the questions if you are interested!! 😀