Thank you so much LitaKino and Chibi Majo, both awesome anime bloggers and wonderful people <3, for nominating me for the Liebster award all in a single day! 😀 I feel very touched and honoured to be recognised by people like you in the anime blogging community; and I would think that its every blogger’s dream to have people reading what they have to say :’)
So as part of the rules, I will answer 11 questions posed to me by the nominator(s), and I’ll start with LitaKino’s one first!:
1. What made you start your anime blog?
I have been watching anime for some time and with each anime I watched I had a thousand thoughts swirling in my head. I thought they were useless for a long time until one day there was this EUREKA! moment (lol) where I thought: hey, why not put these things down into words? Otherwise no one would know what you are thinking because your thoughts are never gonna be said, spoken or written.
So here we are 🙂
2. Ice cream or pie?
T.T can I choose both?? Especially vanilla ice cream eaten together with New Zealand apple pie fresh from the oven? Pretty please with a cherry on top? 🙂
3. What is the most expensive thing anime wise you have bought?
I’m so sorry!!! For such a big anime fan I have yet to buy any merchandise except for two badges. My parents are really strict on me owning anything physical that is anime related so I confine my love for anime things to online ;_; here’s my two badges on my pencil case though!
4. What other hobbies do you have?
A lot; I barely have time to do anything argh. Anime and manga are at the top of my list, followed by watching TV drama series (usually American, or Chinese historical), reading novels (mostly YA and general fiction for English novels, web novels for Chinese novels), gaming (RPGs, otome games). Writing can be considered as of now 🙂 Also, playing the piano and violin, jogging, daydreaming 😀
5. What is your current opinion on how the world is?
Two words: messed up. Especially with too many negative things happening in the world right now (I just need to read current affairs to feel depressed). There’s too much to say on this topic in my honest opinion
6. Do you have a favourite genre of anime you like to watch?
This is a really tough question for me; because I basically try everything and I like anything that has a good story and relatable characters (though I tend to avoid ecchi and harem types). Looking at my MAL statistics page, however, I think my favourite genre is mecha: yes, giant robots. Why? I like the action, and it almost always involves themes like war and military. (Yes Gundam, looking right at you here.)
7. Is there an anime character that you would really like to cosplay?
Hmm tough one. I am not really into cosplay, but if I ever did I would want to cosplay as somebody that I can reasonably say I look more like 🙂 So it would have to be Uni from Katekyo Hitman Reborn – she’s adorable and one of my favourite ‘little girl’ characters. She also has a hairstyle I would love try out and I daresay I am small enough to be able to pull it off 😀
8. What is one anime thing you are stalking to buy currently?
At this point in time, I really want either a figure of Tobio Kageyama from Haikyuu! or any poster/display related merchandise pertaining to Strobe Edge, HIrunaka no Ryuusei or Kuroko no Basket.
9. Do you think wordpress is an easy blog site to use?
Definitely easier than blogspot! Plus it has the wonderful feature of Reader and tags so I can easily find posts I want to read 😀
10. Do you have any favorite anime reviewers you love to follow?
Basically anybody who writes their own opinions is potentially a favourite for me xD not to mention the blogs of the lovely people who have nominated me and whom I am currently following! A special shoutout to otakurui because she writes really insightful stuff and her tastes really mirror mine 🙂 I also check out http://www.reverseharem.blogspot.com regularly since it has the most comprehensive information and reviews relating to reverse harem anything 🙂 And ultimately Entravity (who does hilarious reviews) and Randomc (perhaps the most famous anime review site on the net?)
11. Do you have an anime crush?
Omg, this is probably the hardest question to answer when you have multiple anime crushes xD. Currently its Tobio Kageyama from Haikyuu!! and Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket 🙂
Whew xD now on to Chibi Majo’s questions!
1. What made you start blogging?
I actually started out writing personal stuff on another blog; but gradually I kind of grew out of it and that blog stagnated. I actually wrote many anime reviews over there but they are rather juvenile I am afraid. I actually answered this question above (check out no. 1) but generally, I really want to improve my writing skills as well 🙂
2. What are your hobbies?
Answered this above as well 🙂 (check out no. 4!)
3. Favourite food?
Japanese mille crepe cake 😀 Japanese flavoured sweets have a lighter and more refreshing taste to it 🙂 tried the French one before but it was ultimately too rich for me!
4. Favourite movie?
My all time favourite is a Chinese one called Red Cliff; its based on historical events in China during the Three Kingdoms era (the anime Kingdom is also based on this story). But currently its really the Imitation Game 😀
5. How long have you been blogging for?
I started this blog only in Dec 2014, but to be honest I have been blogging on another blog since 2 years ago. Even in secondary school I had been blogging in a private one. So um, at least 7 years? But I blogged very little last time and its all personal and angsty and full of teenage mood swings 🙂
6. Favourite song?
Zomg. HOW DO I ANSWER THIS. There are too many! But I would have to go for To the Beginning, the OP for Fate Zero Second Season, by Kalafina. Its the only song that manages to move me to tears even now, 1.5 years after I finished that anime. The feels of that anime are strong :’)
7. Best ice cream flavour?
AHAHAHA. I can’t answer omg I am too fickle minded xD I would have to go with mint chocolate chip because it always cheers me up 🙂
8. Favourite celebrity?
Kevin Cheng, he’s a Hong Kong actor and he’s really good at acting. There are plenty of people like him who are good looking and have superb acting skills; but I like him the most because I feel that his personality is really close to mine 😀
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN I WANNA SEE CHERRY BLOSSOMS especially Akihabara I think its the anime capital !!!
10. Do you like playing sport?
I am actually quite bad at sports. I am pretty short even for an Asian so nobody ever wanted me in their teams especially when I also don’t have much hand-eye coordination. I like swimming and jogging; but they are solitary sports 🙂
11. How often do you go on social media?
How about everyday? I am perpetually on Facebook all the time because that’s how I communicate with my real life friends. I have a like-hate relationship with it though.
Okay now 11 random facts about myself:
1. I am Asian, Chinese actually. (but I am not from/a citizen of/reside in China)
2. My ultimate guilty pleasure is to read true blue reverse harem Chinese novels for young adults (menage a trois English/American ones have too much sex and hormones; not really for me.)
3. I am a very shy and socially awkward person.
4. I find myself unable to let myself truly loose, wild and crazy with even people I am closer to in real life; mainly because I am only crazy over anime/manga and these people don’t watch anime/manga.
5. I was accepted into a couple of UK and Australian universities including LSE and ANU to study Economics after I finished my A levels, but I didn’t go overseas to study in the end due to many reasons including financial ones. I am still sincerely apologetic to whoever who didn’t get a place because of me
6. I am a girl (LOL) and 22 this year.
7. I am a worrier; I am afraid that the job that I would get after graduating falls far below the worth of my current degree.
8. I use MAL a lot other than this site; feel free to check it out or talk to me on there if you are an active user of it: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/twlightgal5
9. I technically do not belong to any religion; but I am closer to Taoism/Buddhism (I always pray at these temples)
10. I am just at 5 feet (152 cm) because I stopped growing at around 13 years old I believe.
11. I have very few friends lol. PLEASE BE FRIENDS WITH ME IF YOU AREN’T YET :>
Now for the Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Here are the people I nominate for the award. Since I actually follow and know very few bloggers I am just gonna put some of you who have already been nominated cos you guys do deserve to be known more! (you can choose to not answer the questions if you have already been nominated; but of course I’d be very happy if you did :D):
LitaKino: I like her very warm and happy way of blogging and her content is really nice to read after a long day!
Otakurui: Really refreshing content and some really great insights! 🙂
Chibi Majo: really good content! Just recently followed her as well 🙂
Anime Ataraxia: just recently followed! wide coverage of content!
Baka Thoughts: this person really needs more recognition! Her reviews are insightful and I like the way she writes 🙂
Wakuwafu: gem of anime reviews; and a really pretty web design and layout!
Questions that I am providing:
1. What is your definition of happiness?
2. What is more important to you in an anime that you would call good: plot or characters? (assuming you can only pick one)
3. Favourite novel?
4. Favourite drama or TV series?
5. Favourite anime OP or ED?
6. Favourite male and female seiyuu?
7. An interesting story/event about yourself?
8. What Japanese custom/tradition/event would you like to try the most?
9. How important is writing to you?
10. Most beautifully drawn anime/manga character you have ever seen?
11. What kind of scenery do you love the most? (e.g. rivers, mountains, Aurora lights etc. best if you could also put a pic here! :D)
And that concludes my first personal post ever as a shoutout to all my followers! ^^ Thank you for taking your time to read this, and thanks to the two bloggers once again for nominating me 🙂 I had so much fun writing this ❤