Surprises come when you least expect it.
I am shackled to this aspect of story-telling called ‘plot unpredictability’. The way it throws me in a loop and delivers yet another conclusion that is almost entirely unpredictable and unexpected thrills me to no end. Caught up in the adrenaline of the moment as my stomach drops, I throw away all inhibitions, all objectivity, and all logic, and I just let the excitement consume me whole.
I become but a slave to the story, as the control over my own evaluative, otherwise relatively discerning mind, slips from my fingers, dropping to the ground below with a clumsy ‘splat’.
Charlotte was that roller coaster, and its major plot twist was that split second you hover before you plunge down into the darkness, the words which had started to form in your mind dissolving into sheer exhilaration, a blinding flash of white.
I am stressed. Extremely stressed. Because I just found out that I have two weeks to a midterm and an exam both of which I haven’t studied … a single thing. I was so stressed I couldn’t eat dinner. What makes things worse is because its my fault for being such a humongous procrastinator. But everybody’s also unsympathetic because … I didn’t have to do the exam. Its not even in my school curriculum, but I signed up for it, thinking I have a brilliant brain that can juggle both words and numbers.
So while my eyes are rolling all about in my head as I eye the numbers, I decide that THAT’S IT. I AM GOING TO WRITE A FRIVOLOUS POST. Hence here it is … 15 Amazing Characters Who Aren’t Given Enough Love. Link it to Valentine’s Day or Week if you want, but to be honest its just me wanting to fangirl about characters that are never given enough attention in the online anime community, whether its due to the anime being not popular enough or other characters in popular anime attracting more attention than them.
(This is Part 5 of my 2015 Anime Review series. See Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 and Part 4 on more awards on as well as for certain background information and disclaimers with regards to this series of posts.)
Its finally back to what must be the most controversial part of the entire award series thus far. Be aware that my writing tone may be a little more .. harsh than normal. Onward!
Welcome to a multi-part series of all the anime in the 2015 lineup that I have watched! In this series, I pen my thoughts of a range of 2015 anime on a comparative basis, and give them certain ‘titles’ and/or ‘awards’ that I feel that they deserve.
To be honest, I never thought I would be able to finish watching all the notable series in year 2015 in just a little more than a month, but I did it! *whew* Do bear in mind that this is my first time consolidating and writing something like this, so I would appreciate any the support that’s given! 😀
Before we start, just a few pieces of background information and disclaimers:
- This series will be contain minor spoilers. Definitely not enough to affect your enjoyment of the show if you haven’t seen it 😉
- This list takes into account all series that END in 2015. Thus, this includes certain Fall 2014 anime that have aired for more than one cour, and excludes Fall 2015 which have not finished airing as of 31 December 2015.
- Out of the 196 known anime series (including shorts) that have aired in 2015, I have only completed 37 of them . All of them are titles that should be familiar if you have been following somewhat about what has been airing throughout the year.
- Unfortunately, there are series I wanted to include in this list but wasn’t able to complete in time, including, amongst others, titles like The Perfect Insider, Gakkou Gurashi, K: Return of Kings, The Seven Deadly Sins, Log Horizon (Season 2), Nisekoi (Season 2), My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Season 2)
- There are also DNF titles which may or may not be mentioned somewhere throughout this series.
- Please note that this series contains some of my personal opinions. Certain awards/titles are evaluated more objectively (Best Animation for example) while some are definitely looked at in a more subjective manner (Most Personally Relatable for example). I do try to substantiate ALL my opinions however. 🙂
- I PUT A LOT OF WORK IN THIS SO PLEASE ENJOY *wide grin* no seriously, I did. Throughout the process I also did realise that deliberately confining yourself to certain choices of anime just because you need to finish them within a certain time can make anime-watching a chore at times. Nevertheless, it was fun writing all these 😀
Without further ado, let’s proceed! Today’s segment mainly deals with the orthodox titles relating to genres or production. Enjoy! 🙂